Saturday 25 February 2012

Catch up, catch up!! Jasper Garvida!!









So i feel like I need to do three blog posts at the moment as there has been alot of differn't things been going on so I think I'm going to dedicate this one to the amazing designer Jasper Garvida.

I was privalleged to be asked to style his London Fashion Week show for the second season. We again had it in the elegant Bloomsbury Hotel. Second season in and I truly feel like the Garvida team are like family to me and I do feel very honoured to be involved in anything Jasper does as he is a genius!!

So this season's collection (A/W12) was very close to my heart as it based around 1940's pieces and legendanry woman Marlene Dietrich which when I heard that I was SOLD! Didn't even need to look at the pieces I was already in love!

I also love that when I work with Jasper he lets me really get involved in coming up with hair and make up and styling ideas for the show. We had the wonderful Herman Ho again this season doing hair (whom I love) and also AOFM doing all the make up. For the make up ideas I wanted to keep in tone with Jaspers inspirations and still keep it luxerious. For make up I wanted the focus to be purely on the eyes & having a really strong almost stern eye yet with the skin keeping it fresh and almost like the girls were sweating as they were our REVOLUTIONAIRIES! For hair Jasper had the great idea of using the old helmets with the horse hair and flipping it to make something totally differn't.

So here are some personal images of behind the scenes of the process that goes into producing that show that hopefully you all saw. From Run through to make up test to choosing outfits with models to backstage.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Yukon, Justin, Jasper, my assistant (Jess), Carolina, my backstage dressers & all of Jaspers design team.

All accessories (socks, necklaces, earrings, belts, braclets, tights) are all from Scarlet Rage Vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment